Saturday, June 6, 2009

Genius, indeed.


Everyone knows I am a Mac person.  I have two Macs---a massive video production beast affectionately and appreciatively named Maxine; and my on-the-go, edit-on-the-fly baby, Apollonia.  Apple products I believe were created on the 6th grade, and then on the seventh day God synced his iPod, surfed iTunes and produced a dope video called "What I did in just 7 days" with iMovie.  I love Apple.  

Tonight, my love for Apple reached another notch.  
Now, certainly I have raved about this recent feature in previous blog entries.  Surely I have -  Don't call me Shirley.  For those of you reading, that's Comedy 101, and, really, there really is no need to read further.  But, for those still intrigued, I continue....  One of the latest features on iTunes is iTunes Genius.  Perfect name.  In a word, this thing is GENIUS!  

Here's what iTunes Genius is all about: 

Say you're listening to a song on iTunes.  You're dancing and grooving.  The volume is cranked.  Like Kevin Bacon hearing Kenny Loggins at the dance, you are in music heaven.  Since you dig this tune, I'll bet there are songs very similar throughout your library.  Even some you may not even know exist in that massive collection of digitized funk.  Well, with just one click of a button, your iTunes can create a playlist built around your song.  Now, I've seen a magician pull a rabbit out of hat; pick the four of diamonds from a stack of cards; and make an elephant vanish underneath a large picnic blanket.  Oh yes, I know magic.  This feature, iTunes Genius, my friends is MAGIC.  SHAZAM!!!  With one click of the Genius button, an entire playlist appears, starting with the original groove-filled song followed by 25, 50 or even 1oo addition masterpieces.  Incredible.  Simply incredible.  This playlist can now be saved and added to your collection of other great playlists, like "Friday Night Rules, Bitches", "White People Songs for Black People" and "Breakup Songs".  What, you don't already have these playlists?  Is just me??    

The reason I am inspired to blog about this topic tonight: 
General Public "Tenderness" + Genius button.  

Um, as they say, the rest is history....

Apple, I love thee.

No comments: