Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Genius. Brilliant.

Apple I love thee.

I am a Mac person.  I converted several years ago after buying my first Mac, a Mac Pro, primarily for editing video projects.  As time went on, my beefy Mac Pro, which I named Maxine, became the computer I utilized for everything.  Not wanting to fill its capacities with nonsense since it was for the video business I bought a Mac Book Pro, Apple-lonia.  

I love Apple products.  Everything is 'magical'.  Really, is there a better word?  I think not.  As the advertisements proclaim: It just works.  Every night I find another reason to love Apple.  Tonight, I re-discovered another: The Genius thingy on iTunes.  

Since it's introduction, I've toyed with it, creating various playlists from my favorite songs.  Each time I find myself sitting in front of my computer captivated by the greatness of each Genius produced playlist.  Seriously, how does it know??  How does it do it??

For those of you who don't know about Genius...  With the new iTunes there is a button, the Genius.  After selecting a song in your collection, by clicking the Genius button your iTunes begins finding "similar" songs you may like based on your selected song.  Instantly, iTunes creates a playlist of songs, again, all based on your original song choice.  Let me tell you something - it is NEVER off.  Seriously, how does it know?  Amazing.  Incredible.  Brilliant.

I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but here I am listening to music.  Tomorrow morning's reason for hitting the snooze button repeatedly: ADELE's "Chasing Pavements" + Genius.

Apple, I love you.  

Even if this MobileMe sync/cloud crap isn't working 100%. 

BTW fix that soon.  

No comments: